Tuesday, January 6, 2009

And then there was one.

After all that wonderful time together in Egypt, Jeremy and I parted for the time being. He went to Iran where few Americans are allowed to trod, and I headed off to Singapore where I intended to wait out my visa and fly to his parents. (Notice the past tense.) It turns out that yet again my plans have been thwarted! I'm now waiting for them to approve my x-rays, a process which they say "may take several weeks." Ugh.

So, plan abandoned. As of now, I'm just going to wait here in SE Asia for Jeremy to arrive January 29th and then we'll travel together a bit more on what's left of his travel money. He's such a sweety. We've both been miserable without each other, enough that he decided even if I run out of money he'll pay for us to stay together. You would think that after 4 months of 24 hours, 7 days a week that we'd enjoy the time apart but the truth is that it's terrible.

One victory for Australia's immigration department and one for love. :)

2 comments:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

AW! Great post!!

I know, I miss Matt too...

Praying for the Visa issues! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you both will see each other on the 29th. You and J are meant to be together, who would have ever guest, that your hearts would colide,in Asia. I am touched. Love Mom