Whoa, I haven't updated in a bit. Sorry about that. I was trying to upload photos and get them on my next post but didn't get too far. Anyway, I'll post more on Penang later with photos.
I arrived in Bangkok yesterday afternoon and met Jeremy at the airport last night. Unfortunately, I didn't write down his flight information and guessed he was on Emirates and the flight I thought he was on was delayed three hours. Turns out he was on a different flight with Gulf Air. Luckily he found me, hiding in a corner playing solitaire and listening to my iPod. Apparently he paged me twice and had been looking for an hour. Oops! But it was a sweet reunion. Tears, hugs and kisses. Gosh, I missed him so much.
Finding a place on Khao San Road was a bit challenging. Everything was full and we ended up in hotel right on the road next to a karaoke bar. They sang pretty long and pretty off-key well into the early morning. What a way to start the trip! But we had a good time talking all night. He has some great stories and amazing photos from Iran, but I'll let him write about it. Maybe I can convince him to be a guess writer on my blog one of these days... OR to actually update his own one day! ;) lol. If you want to look at it, check the blogosphere on the right side of the page. His is called Cosmonaut Extrodinaire. It's pretty bare bones but there are links there to his Flickr page where you'll find photos from our trip and maybe (someday soon) some from Iran.
Hope all is well out there in blog land!
1 comment:
Oooh Thailand....I miss it. I was there 5 years ago today! :)
What a story of your reunion!!! Awesome!!!
Have fun, Kort :) Hugs!
Post a Comment