
This is the dorm room I stayed in.
Though it was very relaxing because it was pretty bare and clean, I was never able to get a good night's sleep. Mostly because there was a beastly guy named Leon who kept turning off my fan in the middle of the night. Then I'd get hot, sweaty and become easy pray for mosquitos. It came to a blow out my last night there when I got up and turned the fan back on in the night and he started yelling at me to turn it off because he was cold. There were lots of "kind" things I wanted to say to him but decided that waking up everyone in the dorm so that I could teach this guy a lesson in manners wasn't going to work too much in my favor. So I turned it off. Maybe I'm a pushover. I don't know. But after that, I decided I had no desire to stay someplace with such rude and miserable people and I left.

The town definitely has this weird hippy vibe to it and I had a great time wandering around capturning the street art.

At night, all of Chinatown was lit up with lanterns because Chinese New Year is coming soon. Waling the streets in the evening was almost magical because everything glowed in red, green, yellow, and orange.
And then it was off to the capital: Kuala Lumpar! I was hoping for more excitement but soon discovered that it takes a bit of effort to make KL exciting...
2 comments:
The beach will be great when you get there.
nice blog you are having
Post a Comment