Sunday, January 25, 2009

Friends, this is my boyfriend, Jeremy.

I realize that most of you know nothing about this amazing boyfriend of mine and until you get a chance to meet him in person, I hope I can give you a little glimpse of who he is.

J and visor

-He always puts the lid on too tight (and often can't get it off either). This is how the camp stove was broken.

-He never gets upset over spilled milk. One time, the blender exploded on us and sent pureed watermelon all over the living room of his apartment and we both just looked at it and laughed. Later, I dropped a glass of milk. We had to mop the floor three times in that one day!

-He's a computer nerd. There is nothing he can't find, whether it's the latest season of your favorite TV show or an article from an obscure newspaper in 1986.

-He often falls down the "Wikipedia Hole." Yes, he loves to read the encyclopedia and can do it for a VERY long time.

-Thank God he doesn't play Nintendo or Play Station but he still likes his computer games--particularly simulation games.

-He hates Julia Roberts and Mel Gibson (with the exception of Brave Heart).

-His McDonald's meal is a double quarter pounder with a large fry and large vanilla shake.

-When Jeremy was 13 he was hit by a car and yet he STILL walks out in front of them! It scares me ALL the time!

-Despite the wide range of trance, dance and house music on his MP# player, he also has Shakira love songs. But don't ask him about it. He won't admit it. :)

-One day he would love to own a rare books store.

-He only likes ties that have patterns stitched into them. No prints. And color doesn't always matter--but the stitch does.

-Jeremy used to buy pizza for all his classes on the last day of the quarter to reward them for all their hard work.

-Jeremy says that sleeping is a fine art that has taken him many years to perfect.

-He makes the world's BEST scrambled eggs and Thai curry.

-He isn't allergic to anything.

-Sometimes he eats raw slices of onion but I don't complain because he doesn't when I eat raw slices of garlic. That's one stinky kiss!!

-Jeremy speaks Russian but also studied French and Indonesian.

-We met online. Yes, using Facebook.

-The first time he said "I love you" to me was when he found a can of Red Bull in the fridge with a note that said, "Because I love you." Red Bull is his favorite and he knew I had to go an hour out of my way to buy him a can. But he doesn't remember saying it. The first time he remembers saying it was when he took me to the bus station and gave me a kiss goodbye after a long weekend together.

-When we get to Australia, Jeremy and I are going to train for a triathlon together--his idea!! From the guy who doesn't like sports!

-Our second date was the night before I went to Thailand on vacation. When I came to his house, he was still at work but left me a little Thai Airways gift baf complete with a travel hairbrush, socks, eye mask, and a little note that said: "Welcome aboard. We're not called Assussies airlines. Please find a selection of newspapers available for your reading pleasure, together with this gift pack. If you would like a meal... get it yourself! :) "

-He likes to kiss me on the eye lids when I fall asleep.

-On our first date we went to eat dakkalbi in an alley restaurant. On our last night in Korea, we ate there again with all our friends.

-He's almost blind without his glasses.

-For his birthday (April 5th), I gave him an Australia themed box full of Fan Tails, Jaffas, Vegemite, newspapers, and other little goodies like Uncle Toby's snack bars. How did I get these things in Korea? I met some Aussies in THailand and gave them $200 to buy some stuff and sent it to me for his birthday. Yeah--we'd only been on two dates but I knew he was special and I wanted to impress him... And I did! He couldn't believe that I would go through all that trouble for him and that's when he decided to REALLY like me.

-He LOVES milk. Chocolate milk, stawberry milk, banana milk, vanilla milk, coffee milk, regular milk, LIME milk! (The lime stuff is an Australian thing.)

-I have only seen him angry three times: once when a guy grabbed my butt on a train in Baku, once when a guy commented on my butt in a Luxor street market, and once when a guy tried taking my picture with his phone while I was crying in Alexandria. He is a really slow-to-anger, understanding, "let's talk this through" kind of guy.

-He's becoming quite a good photographer!!

-Even though Jeremy has spent most of his life split between Canberra and Brisbane, if you ask him, he'll say he's from Melbourne because that's where he was born and where he most identifies himself.

-On February 3rd, Jeremy and I will celebrate one year together. :)

4 comments:

judy and john said...

You are missing him, yes? These are good things for me to know, for whenever we meet.

Stacy said...

I agree with J&J. :) Happy reuniting!
Miss ya!

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

What a sweet post!! TOO CUTE!!!!

M.L. said...

:) He seems to get angry about your butt a lot.