As promised, here are more stories for your reading pleasure!
Sometimes our campers will walk up to random people, take their hands, and go on walks. This one time, a little autistic boy took some random mom for a walk around the entire park before we rescued her!
Just last week, an almost full-grown autistic kid whipped out his little friend and peed in the fountains at the Pacific Science Center! A father and daughter saw what was a adult male's penis and were rightly outraged at the sight. Unfortunately for them, no scolding or punnishment would ever make sense to our baby giant--he just walked in circles and sang songs. I hope that little girl wasn't tramatized...
Most autistic kids have an affinity for the water, which can be a problem when we go to the beach. One day, while at the beach, one of our kids took off and swam out past the ropes to the dock. We were going mad chasing him!
One day, the quietest kid in our camp (a boy about 16 yrs. old) came in wearing the funniest shirt ever--it said, "I'm saving myself for you." Lol!
We used to have a camper who would repeat herself over and over, saying, "Guess what? We're at summer day camp!" It was so cute yet so annoying, so I started saying, "Cyndi! Guess what? We're at summer day camp!" That ended it real quick.
Oh, this one's crazy. We have these kids with aggression problems who come from care homes, and one day a couple weeks ago, this one kid got angry and broke his care-giver's nose! Yikes! She had to go to the emergency room and we haven't seen her since.
Oh darn! I've got to go to work. I still have more to tell! Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment