Saturday, August 11, 2007

Whoa...

I'm leaving in 16 days. Holy cow. That's just a little more than two weeks. I have so much left to do!

Funny tidbits from work:

Today, a 9 yr-old girl asked Amanda, "Why do you have two legs?" You know, that's a good question... Why do we have two legs and not three or four? Hmmm...

One 15 yr-old boy told me that the best way to get a guy is to "lay-low and play it smooth." I should tell the guy "he's handsom and charming." You know, I'm not sure how that's "laying-low," but then again, he's got a better love life than I do...

We have a camper named Wolfie who I've taught to do a wolf call on command. LOL. It's so hilarious. What am I doing to these kids?

This one kid shouts things at random (usually profanities--kinda like tourettes). One day at a busy park he yelled out, "Watch out for the retards!" (If you didn't know, I work with mentally disabled kids).

One of our kids has several imaginary friends; one of them is named Maccarana (yes, the dance), whom he tells me lives in his stomach.

The little girl who bit me earlier this summer is fondly referred to as Hannibal, which she oddly responds to.

Some of the kids need help going to the bathroom, which often means dictating every step to them. Well, once my supervisor told a kid to sit down on the toilet and go to the bathroom, and then he walked out and left the kid there. Twenty minutes later I was frantic looking for little Nikki. Appearently Nikki was still sitting on the toilet, waiting for someone to tell him to get up.

This same kid, Nikki, was also found once locked into a sound room at the EMP, dragging his hands down the glass door, looking pathetically at me, and mouthing "help." It was hilarious.

One of our kids with cerebal palsy likes to say everything like a game show announcer. LOL!

More to come later....

No comments: