Friday, August 17, 2007

My name is Kortney and I live in a suitcase.

Packing for one year is so hard! I've been working on it all day and I have no idea how I'm going to make the weight limit. I packed probably half of my stuff today and my suitcase feels close to 75 lbs. I guess I need to go through things again... I suspect a couple more purges are in order before I'm done. I must say that space bags are quite amusing. Though packing is a real pain, sucking air out of giant ziplock bags with a vacuum is pretty cool. As for the rest of my junk, I'm pretty close to being done. I need to go through my shoes one more time (saying goodbye can be so hard!) and I need to pack up my electronics (printer, stereo, etc). If any of you want some food, I've got lots to give away--mostly lunch and snack type things. There's PLENTY of rice crackers, bagel chips, humus, vinegars, olive oils, baking goods, some canned food, protein bars, granola, beef jerky, salad dressings, pickels, grated parmesan, LOTS of minced garlic, and more. Email me if you want some... or all of it...

I applied for my SK visa today and also picked up a couple books--a travel guide, a phrase book, and a culture and etiquette guide. I'm especially excited about the culture and etiquette guide--it should be a good read.

10 days... that's all that's left folks. I still can't believe that I'm moving to South Korea next week. Where did all the time go?

1 comment:

judy and john said...

Hello dear niece,
There is another kind of space bag available, that is better for travelling. It works more like a zip-lock bag. You roll it up and and air vents out through the top. They are great because no vacuum required. Happy packing. Judy