I'm definately still moving to South Korea, but I didn't realize how hard it was going to be. Even though I've been preparing to leave for the Peace Corps since March, thinking I'd be gone two years, I didn't expect it to come so quickly. Of course knowing I will be gone for only one year in SK is a little easier to manage, but it never really hit me the way it is now, so close to departure.
It's not just my shoes that I'm going to miss either (though it will surely be a bitter parting). I'm really sad that I won't see so many of my friends for such a long time. I thought I would be ready, but I'm not! I'm going to miss carpooling with Amanda to work, random movies with Katie, gossiping with the ladies at Curves, getting sweaty and fiesty with my friends in karate, relentless arguing with the debate team, and even the kids from work who never cease to make my life more exciting.
It's hard to leave so much behind. I hope that when I return I can come back to Seattle.
No comments:
Post a Comment