Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Yay! Packages!

I know, I know... Three posts in one day? Does that seem a little excessive or what?


Anyhow, I just got my first package from a friend at home--two books and a movie which she ordered just for me!! Yipeee!!! THANKS CHERYL!!! MUWAH!


If the rest of you want to send me some love, consider the following items:
  • A meal-in-a-box: No dairy, vegetable, produce, or meet products please (unless canned). However, some good ideas might include: A) Pasta-Roni, Instant Mash Potatoes, and some chai tea powder mix. B) Hard taco shells, taco seasoning, a box of Rice-a-Roni spanish rice, tortilla chips and maybe a salsa recipe! C) Oatmeal, cereal, granola, raisins, brown sugar. D) A bag of cookie mix, a cake mix box, and frosting. E) Microwaveable popcorn (both butter and kettle corn, please!!), Redvine licorice, Milk Duds, Sour Patch Kids, Doritos, and Chex Mix!! F) Lipton powdered soup packages with some hot chocolate. G) A couple packages of bow tie pasta, pesto seasoning packages, balsalmic vinegar dressing for a salad, a couple cans of tomato sauce for spaghetti along with a recipe. H) The snack food box: fruit snacks, protein bars, almonds, pistachios, honey roasted peanuts, a jello and pudding box, goldfish crackers. Do you see the meal themes going on here? Be creative and have fun! I can make a lot of things here but nothing is as good as the stuff from home. :) Oh, and if you send a box, send some ketchup too. I can't find any here... And Teriyaki sauce? That too!!

  • Books! On my wish list: A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Sold by Patricia Mccormick, Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission... by Greg Mortenson, The Glass Castle: A Memoir by Jeannette Walls, Girl Soldier: A Story of Hope for Northern Ugandas Children by Faith J. H. McDonnell, My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers, and whatever else you find interesting!

  • Other random bits: a 2008 calender (preferably black and white photography), some forks, knives, and spoons (plastic is cool with me), a travel mug, ziplock bags (all sizes are useful), tupperware for food storage, tea of any flavor BUT no green tea please, and maybe a nalgene bottle (I lost mine in the airport).

But really, the most important and treasured thing you could send me would be handwritten letters, cards, anything encouraging. I know I don't say I'm lonely, but sometimes I am and wish I could go home. It's hard to deal with all the cultural differences sometimes. I wish I had some privacy here; I wish women had respect from men; I wish I could trade my seaweed soup for some tomato soup and a grilled cheese; I could curl up in my basement bedroom on a comfortable for a change. I do like Korea, but nothing is like home. I may not say it enough, but I miss you guys.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Ohhhhh... we sure miss you, too. Judy, Max and I are sitting here drinking a cup of joe and starting our day. It is fun to hear you got a package. How long did it take to get to you?

LOVE YOU!

Linguisticnurse said...

No coffee? I thought I remembered you drinking a lot of coffee. And what kinds of movies do you like?

-Liz, guy 100