Thursday, September 4, 2008

6 Months

On August 3rd Jeremy and I celebrated our 6 month anniversary by visiting the Korean National Museum. We had a great time exploring all of Korea's history--from the stone age to the present day!

Me trying to look Korean with my peace sign on my face. :)


An interesting exhibit on Buddha statues from around the world.


I think this is National Treasure No. 2 and it's a royal crown from the Joseon Dynasty (Maybe 300 - 500 years old).

After we finished the museum's indoor exhibits (which took about 5 hours) we headed outside to see the gardens. Above is a pagoda with a big bell inside.




Jeremy and I trying to tap in to nirvana.


I think this was called the Dragon Waterfall. I kinda thought it looked a little more like Jurassic Park...


I spotted this wild creature in the photo zone among the grass. I think he was grazing...





They came from the swamp! It truly was a Jurassic Park experience...


He's so cute! :)


Then this sweet man with a camera and a portable printer showed up out of nowhere and offered to take our photo and print it for us for FREE! It was completely unexpected and I'm pretty sure he didn't work for the museum. I think he was just a lay-photographer out making people happy. I love this photo. It was a beautiful day. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok...you two are just ridiculously cute together. ;-)

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

You two are TOO CUTE. Hilarious! You are also becoming really Asian, that peace sign pic says it all :)

judy and john said...

You've put so many pictures on your blog that our computer couldn't keep up. We didn't get them all.

Milk Mama said...

OH my gosh, when was the last time I was on your blog? I've been being so awful with my blog lately... I'm trying to amend that situation, start blogging more... hehe. The pics of you and J are just wonderful! :D :D :D