Friday, September 5, 2008

India Day 1

Okay, so first off, my apologies for neglecting this blog for soo long. I've just been too busy to blog much and near the end my priorities shifted from spending time on the internet to spending time with Jeremy and my friends.

These last few weeks have been the best few weeks I've ever had in Korea and I'm really going to miss people. Saying goodbye to Jeremy at the airport was nearly devastating. I don't know what to say. I'm not sure what happens now. I cried for hours on the plane and all night. It's only been one day but after spending two weeks together, one day seems like eternity. And I know it may be 8 or 9 months before we see each other again. What happens then is a mystery. All I can say is that I seriously love this guy. He is the most kind, gentle, tender, understanding, patient, and caring man I've ever known. He's not just my boyfriend. He's my best friend. It's going to be hard for the next few weeks to not spend my time counting down days and rather enjoy my trip...

As for India, my first acquaintance was a stinky one. I'm pretty sure India is the armpit of the world. Yes, that's right. Holy pit stains, it reeks of sweat here! The flight to India from Malaysia was intoxicating. And the man next to me drank a lot of whiskey. But I'm here. I checked into my hotel last night (bare but live able, though the toilet is something else) and I got up this morning and came straight to the internet cafe. I had to get up all those posts before I got too far behind. So, here I am. Not much else to say. It's 9:30 AM and I still need to call my mom. After that, I'm moving to a new hotel room, getting some food and much needed water, and then hopefully starting to see the city. Stay tuned! Photos and stories on the way!

1 comment:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

Oh SAD! I hate goodbyes! So sorry that you had to endure that, Kort. Hang in there...you go girl. These adventures are so worth it all. Hugs and prayers!