Sunday, September 14, 2008

I'm fine, thanks.

So, some of you may have heard that there were bombings in Delhi yesterday and I thought I would let you all know that I'm fine. I was at the train station being helped by some nice guy. (Indian train stations are pits of chaos.) Yes, some of the bombs occurred in tourist areas but no worries, I didn't frequent those places anyway. :)

But this is a good reminder that terrorism happens everywhere. India is a pretty safe country to travel in but no country is entirely safe--even our own. I'm not unaccustomed to terrorism as I was in Madrid during the train bombings on March 11, 2004. But, after being there and seeing it happen, you realize that you can't live life in fear of what "could happen." So I don't. Instead, I travel the world and enjoy every moment of it.

Please continue to pray for my safety but keep in mind I'm at a far greater risk of food poisoning or being pick-pocketed than being a victim of terrorism.

And just to keep you all on your toes, I'm off to Pakistan tomorrow for two days. :) lol. Not to make you worry or anything...

2 comments:

Ceri Kim said...

glad to hear your safe :) was worried when heard news! have a great time in pakistan, let us know when your back in India :)
Cer xxx

Anonymous said...

I just read about this on your blog and I am so happy that you are safe,stay alive daughter, I love you and want grandchildren someday. Take-Care: stay in touch. I will pray for you to be safe and out of harms way every day and night... love you mom I miss you and wish you where here in the states....