Thursday, March 12, 2009

Missing You

I'm missing home. My home sweet home, Soap Lake, Washington.



Soap Lake, originally uploaded by Bill Correll.

I woke up this morning thinking about it and all the things I love and miss. Floating on the lake with my mom in the evenings. Diving really fast on wind-y country roads. Rolling in the snow in the winter. Diving off cliffs at the lake in the summer. Going for runs along the canal bank in the afternoon. Walking my dog through the sage brush and breathing in the scent of freshly cut alfalfa.

Soap Lake is a boring place for anyone who didn't grow up there, but if you come from Central Washington, you know that there is something wonderful about a lazy day that only the east side can offer.

I haven't been home for nearly two years but the longer I'm away, the more anxious I am to go back. Distance does make the heart grow fonder.

Instead, I'm moving again. On March 20th, I'll be making a new home in Australia. I'll be living with Jeremy and his Parents for a couple months before the big move to Sydney. I can't wait to meet his family--his WHOLE family! On the very day we arrive they will be celebrating Jeremy's brother David's 21st birthday and all of the family--aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, and friends--will be there to celebrate and welcome Jeremy home. This shall be exciting! Talk about "meeting the family!" I can't wait but Soap Lake will. :)

2 comments:

judy and john said...

Wow! I can't begin to tell you about my awesome experiences when first meeting John's huge extended family. Have fun!

The Voice of Soap Lake said...

Love what you have to say about Soap Lake. Where did you get that beautiful picture?

Check out our spectacular community project "Calling the Healing Waters" the worlds first human figure sundial. Go to www.soaplakehealingsculpture.com. You can be apart of the project by going to www.soaplakememorialstones.com.

Good luck on you adventure to Australia. It is a beautiful country with wonderful people. Warning- Aussie's love to drink! hehe.

--Raymond
Volunteer Project Manager
"Calling the Healing Waters"