Thursday, December 27, 2007

Count Your Blessings

I didn't ask for more vacation time but my principal decided to give me more--3 weeks more! Now I have plenty of time to do all the exploring I want! :)

I didn't tell Elizabeth that I wanted to read Pilgrim's Progress nor did I tell her that I needed some shaving cream--but she sent both! She also packed the BEST teriyaki sauce and some truly wonderful and exotic teas! Adding to my pleasure: ferrero rocher!!

I didn't ask for extra tutoring though I really wanted a few jobs for next year--but Mr. Jeong found me the perfect job without knowing about my secret hope to make more money! I will actually be tutoring three kids next year--three 13 yr old boys who studied in Australia over the last three years and have perfect English. The bonus: I will be making $75 an hour for two hours a week, totaling an extra $500 each month--more than enough to live off of and save the rest of my salary for loans.

I didn't ask my aunt Judy to send me the delectable family carmels, but she remembered they are my favorite and packed a huge ziplock full of them for me for Christmas. She also sent me the comfiest pillow case ever and how did she know it would match my bed?

I'd pretty much forgotten my favorite car-trip treat, Metro Mint Water, until my sister sent me a bottle in my Christmas package! What a sweet surprise! Her entire package was stuffed with goodies I really wanted but never asked for: special goat's milk soap, my nephew's artwork, new teas, Toberlone chocolate, home-made ginger bread and frosted Christmas cookies, and sermons on cd from my favorite church back home. What can be better?

I didn't ask my Aunt Karen to send me a package but she offered anyway and sent me what is probably the best "care" package ever--full of my favorite cough drops, Airborne, Alka Seltzer, lots of Nyquil and Dayquil, plenty of Tums, and several packages of Pepto Bismol. I know those things couldn't have been cheap. To top it off, she included a package of Andes Mints--yum! I love those! Horray for having a nurse as your aunt! Next time I get sick, I'll be over it real fast and no more rationing cough drops! lol.

My Grandma Rosie knew exactly how to make my Christmas complete--a Lifesavers Christmas carol candy book. It was just like being a kid again!

That's not even half of the wonderful occurrences that have made my Christmas brighter than any Christmas before! Thank you, everyone, for making it special and for making everyday in Korea better than the day before! I am so blessed to have you by my side!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yuuuumy:)

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

I am so glad you got some Christmas goodies! yay!! :)

Linguisticnurse said...

I am so glad to hear that you were so blessed with this care package! The Lord truly is good! Each item was included with prayer and the Ferrero Rocher was only added after the Lord tapped me on the shoulder the moment I saw them at the store. I hope that you see them as a gift from the Lord which passed through my hands. What an honor!
Did the postcards get there in time or are they allotted for your springtime classes?