Christmas morning was a little hectic at first. I hadn't gone to bed until around 2 am the night before after mass chaos due to crazy, last minute Koreans, and I had to wake up at 6 am if I wanted to make any sort of a dent in the disaster zone otherwise known as my bedroom/apartment.
The do do list: call home, fold laundry, make my bed, iron pants for the day, wash an enormous amount of dishes, start laundry, sweep and mop the floor, clean the bathroom which usually involves and extensive mold search and destroy mission, wash windows, take out the garbage (you wouldn't believe how much I had...), put away newspapers, books and other miscellaneous junk items, and begin cooking.
Time to accomplish said tasks: 3 hours. (I did though. Yet again proof of my super-human powers.)
The menu: chocolate and vanilla pancakes, sugared strawberry topping along with peanut butter and syrup; scrambled eggs with mozzarella cheese; peppered bacon; ham (more like spam but close enough); orange juice; tea; milk.
The guests: Courtney, Tyler, Frankie (my English stalker), Frankie's friend (can't remember his name), and Dong Il (the guy I met the night before).
The movie: Surf's Up. It's an animated story about penguins who surf. Released July 2007. Highly humorous.
After lunch agenda: sleeping, reading, and photoshop-ing pictures while Courtney rested on my bed and read Sherlock Holmes (she was still sick). Opened presents to each other; I gave her a cool wall poster/calendar for her bare abode; she gave me chocolate covered pretzels, almonds and a small bottle of Bailey's for some hot chocolate. I think she won the gift exchange. I gave Tyler q-tips from home (he's particular about them; loved his gift). Watched a movie on tv: A Little Princess.
Dinner plans: walked across town with Courtney and gorged ourselves with dakkalbi (spicy stir-fried chicken with cabbage, sweet potato, and rice sticks. Preferred eating method: rolled in lettuce leaves with a slice of garlic and bitter bean paste. Yum!).
After dinner: fell asleep around 10 pm to the sound of The Polar Express on tv.
Christmas day rating: 5 out of 5 stars.
1 comment:
FUN FUN FUN!!! I wish I could have been there for some of your cookin' at least :)
Post a Comment