Sorry about the delay in these photos. I just got a little busy being sick. :)
I had perviously thought I missed all of the beautiful autumn colors but found this wonderful firery red tree at Jiksi Temple and new I just had to share it!

The amazing temple achitecture!
One of the little gardens inside the temple grounds. Inside was some sort of monument.
So, appearently these little stone towers are small prayers to the many buddhist gods. I've seen these many times, here and at home, and thought I would share with you their significance.


Some of the temple wall.

We couldn't go inside this building but I thought I would take a photo anyway. The mountains behind it were just beautiful. :)

I love this photo because the open door is so inviting and intriguing. It's like someone is saying, "Come in and discover my secrets..."

This is one of the mountain springs that you can drink out of. It was in a beautiful labyrinth pattern. Just to the right is where the water comes out and you can scoop it with a ladle for drinking.


Here you can see the pattern on a larger scale.


Everything about the temple achitecture is amazing--even the door panels. I love this one the most.

Me and my friend posing for a moment on the steps. I was so amazed that the sun broke at just that moment. It made the most amazing lighting for our portrait. I haven't done a thing to this photo. Simply amazing.

My friend just happens to be an amazing photographer too! Doesn't this photo look like a senio picture? I love it! I haven't had such a good photo taken of me in years!

Another amazing door!



Almost-snow-covered peaks in the background. Absolutely beautiful.

Sunlight in the woods. It was magical.

Here's another one of those springs you drink out of, however this one's design is more common. Just off to the right is a hook with blue plastic ladles hanging from it which you simply dip into the water for a drink. I'm sure the water is really pure and clean, but I'm still hesitant about drinking it. I only did it once and then I thought better about it later... Koreans have a built in immunity to the little water bugs... I don't. At least not yet... I did, however, recently acquire a Steripen water purifier so that next time out at the temple and just purify my water right there. :) It's pretty much the coolest purifier out there. You seriously need to check it out.

Just stick your little scooper right under here...

And the beautiful temple square. I love the feeling this photo gives. It's simply serene.
2 comments:
Kort - your pics are stunning. Please tell me what kind of camera that you use!
What a gorgeous country that you live in!
Oh...and get better. Rest up now, sugar!
Hey Kortney, Great photos. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment