Last week I caught a little cold and lost my voice for a few days but I didn't get the full force of my cold until Saturday when I started coughing and sneezing like crazy along with a runny nose and headaches like you wouldn't believe! I spent all of Sunday in bed and came home early from work yesterday for a second day of pure sleep. Today makes day three of bed riddance accompanied with muscles aches, occasional fevers and this ever creeping feeling that my room is getting smaller by the minute! Yikes! I need to get out of here! lol.
Anyhow, while I'm up in between naps, I figured I should blog a little and catch you all up.
I keep forgetting to mention her but I've finally made friends with one of my neighbors upstairs (unfortunately I can't remember her name yet). She's a wonderful lady who has taken upon herself the duty of feeding me. :) Last week she brought me a wonderful pumpkin pancake that was to die for!! Yum! Pumpkin! She lives just one floor up from me and has two daughter whom I just adore. They are so sweet. She moved to Jeomchon shortly after I did so that her oldest daughter could go to Courtney's school--Jeomchon High School (it's apparently a really good school). Her hometown, Kimcheon, is about an hour away and her husband lives in Busan (about 4 hours away) so she's really lonely--especially since she has no job. But this weekend I had the best opportunity to cheer her up a little. She took me to her hometown and introduced me to some of her friends, showed me her home church, and even took me to see a famous temple up in the mountains. The pictures were amazing (one of which I added to my profile). I really had the best time with her, my only wish is that I hadn't been sick because it made our trip a little arduous.
On of her friends, Freda, is a Filipino missionary who speaks English really well. I was so blessed by her! Wow! I'm so excited to have made such a good friend. We hit it off immediately. I can't explain how wonderful it is to meet someone that I can be instant friends with. It was so nice to have someone I could talk about God with! I've been so desperate for a partner in faith for so long--someone on my own level--and she blessed me beyond words. It was just like sitting down with one of my girls from home. We talked for hours. :) Absolutely love her!
The temple was beautiful and full of amazing little scenery treasures.
This Korean was so excited to be in my picture that he started rubbing Buddha's bodacious belly in hopes of me snapping a picture of him. He's lucky--I'm a sucker. I think that little slot in the leaf is for money.
Isn't Buddha just a happy looking character?
As for all those blind dates last week, nothing really worked out. The teacher's son had to cancel our date (not that I care much) and the two other guys I went to dinner with were okay I guess but not really my taste. It was really weird being at dinner though. Everyone was looking at me and Courtney as though they were expecting us to be engaged by the end of the night. John (Jamie's husband) kept saying things like: "You guys should all double date! It could be so much fun!" There were a couple other girls there who work with the two guys and I got the feeling that maybe we were invading their territory by being set up with these guys. Then, to top it off and add more discomfort to the evening, Jamie kept saying, "Oh, Kortney has lots of boyfriends! She's always going on dates! All the boys like her because she's really outgoing and funny!" I was completely mortified. First, I don't have boyfriends--I'm too picky to choose one let alone many. Second, no body's asking me for dates these days. I know she meant well and was just saying good things about me, but I'm not used to people talking about me like that. Awkward... That's all I can say about the whole thing... Awkward.Above: the guys at the dinner party I went to. The two on the right were the single ones. Oh, they wanted to date us so bad!
And then, date number three... Which never happened either and I didn't even know was going to be a date until it was cancelled... urgh. Anyhow, Crazy Cow asked me on Friday if I would like to go out to dinner with the other young/single teachers Sunday night which of course I agreed to, and he said he would call me Sunday with the details. However, Sunday evening came and I still hadn't heard from him so I gave a friend a call to find out what happened. She told me that she wasn't coming to the dinner and that it was supposed to be me, Tae Gap (the single guy in the Munchang admin office who likes me), Crazy Cow and his wife. Apparently this was a set up. We weren't even going out--we were going to Crazy Cow's house for dinner. It didn't happen though. I guess Crazy Cow's students showed up at his house unexpectedly and the dinner was cancelled--which I didn't hear until late into the evening, but whatever. I wasn't feeling good anyway.
To be honest, all of these "blind dates" are getting a little excessive. Three in one week? And only one actually happened? Things aren't looking good, folks.
In other news, I'm getting a couch and it should arrive sometime this week. My principal (bless him!) has been routinely asking me for weeks now if I am happy with my living quarters and if there is anything that I want or need. For a while I was pretty resolved not to ask for too much, but since he kept asking and I wasn't getting over the fact that I wanted a couch, I decided it couldn't hurt to ask. Lucky for me, he was more than happy to help and I was told today that my couch will arrive sometime this week. Who knows what it will look like but horray! I won't have to eat dinner sitting on my be anymore! :)
Blogger's being a pain and won't upload anymore of my photos. I'll have to put more up tomorrow. Until then, adios!
1 comment:
Oh my. Blind dates. That is a lot of work you know, when they can't see and you have to walk them around and all....Geesh!
I am glad that you are feeling better and that you are making some more new friends! Love the pics!
Post a Comment