Monday, December 17, 2007

Fish Food

I've decided that Korean spas are expansive black holes of curious cultural significance.

On Friday, Courtney and I went to the local spa for a night of relaxation before hitting the road Saturday morning. While she was getting a micro-derm abrasion, I went upstairs and tried Dr. Fish therapy.

Dr. Fish is this unique little place inside the spa with a small pool/fountain full of thousands of goldfish that you sit on the side of and put you feet or hands into. Once you do so, you're in for a surprise! The fish come up to you and start eating the dead skin off whatever body part you have submerged!

This was the first time I had ever tried Dr. Fish and I was dying with laughter for about 2 minutes for a combination of reasons. 1. It really tickles. 2. How can you not laugh when you see hundreds of fish all over your legs?! All of the Koreans were looking at me like I just escaped from the nut house but I was didn't care much. It was just so weird to have fish all over me and not only were they touching me, but they were practically biting me!

You must come to Korea and try this! Next time I go I'm taking pictures!

1 comment:

Author: Carissa Burk said...

That's fabulous. I wonder why spas here don't do that